Last week I shared some good resources for getting hard copies of Hungarian books if you live in North America. This week, for balance, I’d like to help you find French books without rushing to sites like Amazon.
Nothing beats a brand-new paper copy you can hold in your hands, dog-ear (if you’re into that), underline, highlight, and—best of all—pass along to friends. Luckily, French booksellers in America are far more numerous than Magyar suppliers (thank you, Québec!). In no particular order, and by no means an exhaustive list:
- Moustache Books in Brooklyn, New York
- French Books Online in Morrison, Colorado
- Lectures de France in Chicago, Illinois
- Renaud-Bray (all over Canada, especially Québec)
- Marché du Livre in Montréal
- Gallimard, also in Montréal
Am I missing any good French book suppliers here? How do you get new French reading material in the US or Canada?